Preferred Land Sales
Pets are allowed
After you buy the land with the first week's tier a manager will add you to the tier system. This can take up to 8 hours depending on Managers available.
1. Grace period for the late tier is 24 hours, after which land may be reclaimed unless arrangements for late payment is made BEFORE the tier is due. If it appears you have already moved, land may be reclaimed before the end of the grace period. Our Office bot will be sending out reminders on your tier 3 days before it is due and we will send out a notecard when the tier is overdue. That gives you 24 hours to pay There is no excuse to be late on the tier. If you are having a problem just send in a support ticket at
and we can make arrangements for the payment. If your land is taken back and objects returned we are not responsible for lost non-copy items.
Tier can be transferred to another person *BUT YOU MUST* notify estate management of the land sale within 24 hours.
2. Moving from one parcel to another:
UPGRADING: Anytime, the remaining tier will be transferred to your new location
DOWNGRADING: At the end of your paid time Under a valid the reason we can move you. Also, you must get permission to move if you expect your tier money to be moved.
3. TENANTS ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THEIR GUESTS, VISITORS, TENANTS, OR CLIENTS.
BY BECOMING A RESIDENT OR TENANT OF ANY PREFERRED LAND SIM, YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THE TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND GUIDELINES IN THIS COVENANT.
4. REGION RESTARTS ARE NORMALLY every day OR 2 TIMES A WEEK DEPENDING ON HOW BUSY YOUR SIM IS. PLEASE REQUEST A RESTART IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES BY SUBMITTING A TROUBLE TICKET TO
We do not restart sims if the sim is busy unless it is an obvious problem with the sim performance.
5. We strive to give the best customer service we can. All questions/troubles must be submitted by a trouble ticket by clicking on the white customer board in the main office or use this link
Do not send ims or send notecards to the Owners. We sometimes may not be on for a day or 2 and they get lost in the vast amount we get so the fastest way to get help is a trouble ticket
6. You may deed your land to any group you wish to. To deed the land to a group you need to set the group in the "about land" window, then toggle "allow deed to group" and press the "deed" button. Once you have done that, you will need to deed any media objects as well to have them work properly (such as TV’s or radios).
Please check your group set up to ensure that only the correct people have access to your group Preferred land Sales is not responsible for improperly set up groups or land objects were taken by members of the group when the group is set up improperly.
7. Complete use of the "Access" tab on the "About Land" window *IS PERMITTED* on land under this covenant.
8. No temporary rezzers are allowed due to causing excessive lag
9. Residents are expected to be fair to their neighbors and use the number of resources that depends on the size of the parcel you rent. If a resident rents a 4096 sqm parcel, that represents 1/16th of the sim. It is expected that this resident will only use 1/16th of the sim Resources. So that means on a 4096 you are allowed 1/16th of 100 people or 6 avatars. A Special Party and event are allowed on a 4096 sqm or any size parcel with more avatars but your club would have to remain at the required number of avatars or below for the rest of the week. We will not tolerate a Club owner going over their fair share of the sim resources over and over. Also do not go maximum Avatars on your parcel 24 hours a day. We do not allow 24 hours a day clubs that max out the avatars they are allowed. If you expect to consistently have more avatars present then you need to ensure you have the right amount of land to support that many avatars. Parcel Owners who continuously go over the fair share will be offered to upgrade so they meet the fair share policy. If the Parcel owner is continuously over their amount allowed they will be removed from the parcel with zero refund..
Do not exceed your fair share of avatars
Bots are considered Avatars
32768 50 avatars
16384 25 avatars
8192 13 avatars
4096 6 avatars
Remember all tenants on a sim are paying for a lag-free sim
10. Up to 1 pet allowed per 2048 m2 on a Full Prim region. For example, if you rent an 8192m2 Full Prim parcel, you will be allowed up to 4 pets. Residents found with more than the allowed number of pets will be asked to reduce the number of pets. We, also, expect the resident will limit the number of collisions caused by the animals by turning off their movement and animations when not in use
11. Tenants who continue to go over the pet limit will be removed from the region with no refund. Remember other tenants are paying for a lag-free sim.
12. Low-lag Security systems are acceptable but must give at least a 10-second warning before ejecting someone or sending them home.
13.. Security system detection must be restricted to your parcel only. When it crosses to neighbors' land the Security system will be returned without a warning.
14. Estate management may need to return items to you if they significantly contribute to lag.
15. Skyboxes are allowed 1000 meters and higher. No skyboxes of any type allowed on the ground. Skyboxes on the ground Will be returned by the Preferred Management team
16 Do not rez items beyond your parcel boundary(To turn on the parcel boundary line go to World> Show more> Check Property Line). Items not within your parcel will be automatically returned by the neighbor or the Preferred Sales Manager
17. Terraforming is allowed up to 5 meters above the ground level and 20 meters below ground level.
18. No structure on the ground should behave more than 3 stories or rise taller than 35 meters plus the height of land This pertains to structures and does not cover walls This is measured from the sim base ground which is usually around 20 meters
19.. The height of fences should not exceed 6 meters from the base of the sim which is usually around 20 meters.
20. Privacy Screens are allowed If trees or stones only. Feel free if you have other screens to use in a skybox 1000 meters and higher. Privacy Screens must be transparent for all sides that do not face the parcel All Privacy Screens must also not be higher than 20 meters from ground level or lower if possible
Please consider your neighbors and maintain the screens within the theme of the sim. Management has the right to ask you to change the wall if not in good taste
How to Make the outside of your parcel wall invisible
1. Click on the item and select edit
2. Select a face and click on the outside of the wall
3. Select texture and under transparency make it 100
4. That is all there is to it.
5. Repeat on the other walls.
We do appreciate your understanding and making the sim a better-looking place for all tenants to like and live in.
21. If you see ban lines from land next to yours, consider turning off your view of the lines:
- Viewer 1.23, Phoenix, other TPVs based on v1: Go up to the “View” menu at the top of the viewer, select “Banlines”
- Viewer 2.xx and 3.xx: Go up to the “World” menu, select “Show”, then “Ban Lines”
- Firestorm: Go up to the “World” menu, then select “Show More”, then “Ban Lines
22. No flying, rotating, generally annoying signs or structures or general eyesores as determined by estate management.
23. No light sources that cast light onto other parcels, or annoying blinking lights/colors visible outside of buildings. If projected into other parcels we may at our discretion return the items.
24. Any tenant looking for changing the environment on their parcel here is the links to help change the windlight settings
Try using this format by changing the 2 settings you want to change
/*Windlight Sky: "[TOR] SUNRISE - Defenderz 1" Water: "Default"RegionOverride*/
25. Out of respect for the neighbors, sound and voice must be limited to Your parcel. parcel. In parcel's Media configuration window, please ensure that the "Restrict Voice to this parcel" checkbox is checked if Voice is enabled. Also, make sure to check the box to "Restrict gesture and object sound to this parcel".
26.. Please keep your neighbors in mind when decorating your parcel, objects that others may find offensive are not recommended. If neighbors complain we will use our best judgment and may return the items in question to you and ask that you not place them out in the future. When in doubt you are welcome to ask a staff member or consult with your neighbors to see if they would have any problems with the decor you wish to use. In general, if your neighbors don't mind, neither do we.
Recommended Security Settings:
27. In order to enhance everyone's experience and at the same time establish adequate security to protect the land and the region from most griefer attacks, the following security settings are required (you will find them under 'About Land -> Options tab'). You should have object entry and build set to group. Also, ensure the Edit terrain is unchecked. If you have that checked everyone can edit your terrain, If you decide to leave the object entry and build open and a griefer is using your land there is a change the land could be taken back if being used by griefers
28. Please don't involve our staff in your dispute with neighbors, behave as an adult. In a worst-case scenario you may report abuse via Linden Labs, but please only do that as a last resort. Before you file an Abuse Report, please try to reach an amicable solution with the person involved and never file a complaint until you are absolutely sure of the correct offender. Preferred Land Sales is not able to mediate in every situation and is not responsible for your private affairs. It is in your best interest to keep a peaceful environment for your friends, your family, your neighbors and yourself. If our staff is involved we may take drastic action that may include one or all parties being banned without refunds issued. Preferred Land Sales is not responsible for the behavior of your fellow residents. All residents are responsible to abide by the Terms of Service which are developed and improved by Linden Labs as Second Life grows. Preferred Land Sales asks that you read the terms of service (available at http://www.lindenlab.com/tos). If you violate the Terms of Service you risk losing your land and / or having your account closed by Linden Labs. Preferred Land Sales is not able to help you or your alternative accounts if this happens to you.
29. Griefing neighbors are strictly forbidden and may result in immediate reclaiming of the land and banishment of the offending user. This includes guest you might have on your parcel.
30. If a resident threatens or carries out an action that has a hostile intent to inflict direct or indirect financial losses upon Preferred Land Sales the estate management will immediately reclaim any land owned by that resident without refund and the resident will be muted and banned from all affiliated estates. Linden Labs will be notified of the incident.
• Residents are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) for SecondLife, as provided by Linden Lab, and may have their land reclaimed by estate ownership/management for violation of these terms.
• Estate ownership/management is not liable for the quality of service issues stemming from software bugs, outages, or the Terms of Service (TOS) by Linden Lab.
• Residents will be notified of any changes in this covenant
Some items in the covenant might be grandfathered from tenants who were here before the covenant went into effect. Please contact management if any questions
Any questions please contact a member of the management staff